Saturday, January 3, 2009

To Do List


Learn Spanish. Get more hours at work. Balance work an school. Establish a regular yoga practice. Eat more "God-made" foods and less "man-made." Become a sushi-master. Make some new friends at the local old-age home. Teach myself guitar. Re-learn to play my saxamaphone. Picnic. Go to Shi Shi beach. Fall back in love with running. Get outside!. Put live plants in my aquarium. Rescue a canary from the animal shelter. Take dance lessons with Scotty. Hike. Give more home-made gifts. Continue to be a devoted refashionista beyond my one year of "buy nothing new" commitment. Bring back the potluck in a BIG way. Beach walks. Learn the art of the quick-visit with busy friends. Pray all the time. Watch/read the news regularly. Get involved in saving our orcas . Support local talent (go see local bands). Paint. Bake my own bread. Learn to play "99 Red Balloons" on my synthesiser. Take pride in the small things. Laugh more. Take myself less seriously. Surf. Drink water...lots of water. Take time to look at the sky/smell a flower/ lie in the grass. Become less of a consumer (go without or find an alternative). Love and appreciate the people in my life and make sure they know it. Do something I know I will fail at (get over my fear of failing). Get 8 hrs of sleep. Take mini-holidays on weekends. Frame some photos (everything is in digital form). Become more thrifty. Get live plants for my home. Read/absorb my Bible. BE WHERE I AM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good list!

afterthoughtcomposer said...

if you are looking for a companion to do all these things with (...erm...aside from your husband and your many other friends...), I could quite possibly be that person.