Sunday, January 4, 2009

As the snow falls...

...I am listening to the perfect soundtrack- aside from Christmas music of course!

I can't take any of the credit, my friend Jacqui told me all about it.

I just went to itunes, listened, and dropped some coin on the 2006 album entitled, "Dance Party in The Balkans"


Alaska in Winter has been my soundtrack over these past few weeks as I dreamily stare out the window at the falling snow.

Aside from treacherous driving, the snow is AMAZING!!! When I am trapped at work, I find myself constantly running out onto the front steps to just take in the silence that seems to only come with a snowfall. And there is this smell that takes me back to my earliest winters when we lived in the interior of BC.

Tomorrow I'm told that we'll see the end of this cold-snap, and January will resume the dreariness that normally characterizes Westcoast winters- so tonight I'll make sure to breathe extra deep, and not complain.

No comments: