Monday, January 5, 2009

2009: A Green Year

While I recycle like a fiend, buy fair trade organic coffee, spend a lot on a litre of organic milk and free range eggs, refuse to eat meat, rely on reusable bags for my groceries, carpool when possible and recycle my clothes... I am far from the green person I want to be.

This morning I turned on CBC while going about my duties at work (I'm trying to get that daily news thing down). A story caught my attention: CBC's "One Million Act's Of Green" initiative aimed at uniting Canadians in a mission to do one at least one green thing.

This season, CBC and The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos want to mobilize Canadians to do One Million Acts of Green. In partnership with Cisco, the idea behind the campaign is that one small act can make a big difference.

It’s not about overhauling your life; it’s about one act from each individual amassing to a million. It can be as simple as switching to compact fluorescent lightbulbs, starting a recycling program, or walking to work. You can do one act – or you can do all one million! It’s up to you.

Young and old, parents and kids, small towns and big cities, we want to create an exciting grassroots initiative. All you have to do is go to this website and register one act – or more.


I just signed up and set the page to be my new homepage (sorry Nylon)so that I am reminded to act, improve, be inspired and make some new habits that will make this earth a better place to live.

1 comment:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

wow i have facebook as my home page. you are MUCH cooler than i am!

...note to self. take notes on how to be cool from Chelsea.