Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I made it 11 months

Until I bought new shoes.

With only a month left on my buy no new clothes for a year (intimates not included... yuck)- I found myself wandering through the tiny mall in White Rock this afternoon- hiding from the rain.

I had hoped to meet a friend for a visit, but she has been overtaken by one of the many nasty bugs going around...

So I browsed... and browsed, and then turned around and browsed all over again.

All the while dreaming of a pretty pair of shoes I had stumbled upon within minutes of walking into the mall.

I have truely loved doing the thrift thing, and plan on continuing it for clothing, but I've had such poor luck with shoes.

It's been a dry 11 months, and today I cheated.

I'm not going to make excuses- I was well aware I was breaching my comittment. You can judge me...

I judge me.

Here's an idea of the temptation I simply couldn't run from:



While mine aren't Prada- they were only $32 after tax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't blame you or judge you... those are hot shoes (that i just might have to borrow sometime and you can't say no cause i'm your bffl)