Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweets. Sounds. Sass

Christmas 2008 was especially homemade.

Not only did I Scotty and I agree to make each others' gifts (which will be a Martens tradition), I made a handful of my girls a fun little SUGAR ROCK gift complete with mixtapes (cd's), feather hair pieces, and Boombox gingerbread cookies



I feel that the mixtape says "I like you"... and it's true, I do. I picked up the feathers the same day I grabbed the gems. Note the clever use of my gems on the cd cases AND the hair pieces. Sometimes while I craft things I give them names as they take form. I lovingly named my hair clips as I was wiring and glueing them together.



"QUEEN OF HEARTS"


"PEACOCK-A-DOODLE-DO"


"PURPLE RAIN"


"CHERRY, CHERRY"


"BLONDIE"


These cookies where my only Christmas baking this year. I knew gingerbread men would only be white noise, so I made boomboxes inspired by the boombox (bottom right)I love to listen to while I'm doing chores at work.




3 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

just so everyone's aware: I wear my "purple rain" on a regular basis, and it took me weeks to get that cd out of the top spot (and uh, only spot) on my cd player.

well done chels :) I certainly felt loved!

Anonymous said...

mmmm, i remember those cookies... make me more!

jacqui

Cheryl said...

I'm actually quite amazed by your craftiness...well done madaam :)