Friday, January 16, 2009

To Do: Become Friends With Failure

Like I've already stated in my "To Do" list- I want to fail more.

Despite the pain and inevitable embarrassment (as I am somewhat of a perfectionist), I really do hope to get better acquainted with failure so that I don't fear it so much.

I came across this quote tonight. I am going to post it somewhere that I will see it often, so that I am not tempted to slide back into the safe, dull comfort of only trying things I'm practically guaranteed success at.

Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
- Denis Waitley


PS- no word on my raise, but a girl can dream... and work 60hrs a week.

No comments: