Saturday, November 22, 2008

Merry Mix*mas



Christmas is just over one month away. I plan on getting into my decorations tomorrow, but before I deck any halls, I need music.

I've spent the better half of the afternoon rearranging my itunes library so that I have Christmas music for every mood. I downloaded Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album for something a little different.

This year I plan on doing Christmas a little differently. I plan to try really hard not to get sucked into all the consumerism and excess that often characterizes our North American holiday.

I know that it will be easier said than done as my love languages are quality time and gifts, but I have been feeling that Christmas has gotten a little out of hand over these past few years. Besides, whether I like it or not, it'll be a hard-candy Christmas with Scotty's return to school... so I might as well embrace it.

And who says rockin' around the Christmas tree (click here) is for the rich?

1 comment:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

sufjan eh. I keep hearing this guy's name. Maybe I should actually check him out?