Monday, March 3, 2008

My Endangered

After visiting the Seattle Zoo last month, combined with the goal to stop being inactive, I've finally picked an animal to champion. I believe it is number 5 on the world most endangered species.

Not only is it a truly beautiful creature, but it also holds a special place in my heart because one of my cats shares the name.

Meet my darling Panda. Scotty and I adopted her as a kitten from the SPCA a few months after we got married.

(Her and Hanzel -whom I smuggled as a kitten across the boarder in a camera bag- are the closest thing to kids that we can realistically see ourselves with for at least the next 5 years.)

I accept that I can't save all the world's endangered species, but I plan to be personally responsible for saving at least one Giant Panda.



Now I just have to figure out how.

2 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

What a gorgeous kitty.

And what an inspiring plan - to work on saving one animal.

Scotty Werdal said...

I know how....but first you will need a bigger camera bag : )