Saturday, January 19, 2008

Trash Your Dress

Love was in the air today.

This morning I made my way out to my Sister-in-law's salon, Mystique, for a little shoot with the Peace Arch Newspaper. They're doing a bridal section in one of their february prints and wanted to feature Mystique's undeniable top notch treatment of brides. Ang (a bride to be) played the part of the bride, and I, the part of the bridesmaid. After we finished up- Ang got a sparkle in her eye as she commented that it would be a shame to waste our fantastic updos and flawless makeup (if this comes across as an advertisement...perfect).

I had brought my wedding dress to hang in the salon while the did our thing with the newspaper. Within an hour I was in my wedding dress and running through a snowy field; chilled to the bone, but loving every minute. Ang was super excited as she ran back and forth and snapped tons of pictures, and in no time I found myself lying in the snow staring into the lens.




Who knew lying in the snow in a beach wedding dress could actually be fun?

Ang is a gifted photographer, to say the least, and is looking for more girls who are game for getting back onto their wedding dresses for an unconventional photoshoot- I'm already thinking about what I can do with my prom dress.

So if you're interested, let her know... if you don't know her, let me know and I'll hook you up.

You'd be best to take advantage because 10 years from now, you'll never be able to afford her.

No comments: