Wednesday, January 16, 2008

...And Blow Away

I've been on strike for the past few weeks- doing very little but studying for my social psychology final (which I took, and rocked, on Saturday morning). Yesterday I had the day off work, so it was finally time to take down the Christmas decorations. What took me three whole days to put up (yes, I go a little overboard)- took me one LONG day to take down. I started at 6am and finally fell into bed at 11:40pm. My zeal was kinda lacking around 5:30 pm so I took a little break and did something I truely enjoy... I cooked.

One of my favourite things is to pour myself a glass of wine, crank some music and mess up the kitchen. A praciticum student of mine, who's mom moved here from Fiji just before she was born taught me how to make a kick-A#$ Fijian curry before Christmas (so that's what I made).

A couple friends of mine love Metric- they can't stop talking about how amazing Emily Haines' voice is- so last week I purchased their latest ablum, "Grow Up and Blow Away"- in all my studying fervor, I completely forgot about it until last night.



Now I know what all the hype is about this Emily- I loved the whole album, it's different enough from everything else out there without losing the ability to be incredibly catchy.

If you're trying to find some music for the new year- give Metric's new album a listen- I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: