Monday, December 10, 2007

Got a New Year's Resolution?

Did you know that there are no youth drug treatment facilities in the lower mainland that deal specifically with youth addictions?

Enter my boss and his wife who want to better that situation.

They want to start one by Golden Ears Park.

Apparently there is 12 bedroom women's correctional facility on some land that they are looking to "make-over" into a youth ranch.

As an employee of Pathfinder Youth Society- I'm expected to come up with a fundraiser to help make this dream, reality.

So I've got a plan... and I want as many to be on board with it as possible.

...Beginning on the first day of the New Year- I want you to get off your lazy ass...

And start training to make their future better (as well as make your gut smaller and your butt tighter). Join our 2008 Vancouver International Marathon team.



So far my idea is that people commit to do the 8 km, half (21.1 km) or full (42.1) at the race in May 2008. YOU decide how you want to do it. Walkers are welcome in all categories, and the best goal is to simply finish.

The catch is that you raise support (perhaps for every kilometer raced,or every practice run completed etc.)- AND more than that raise awareness. I am hoping to make team t-shirts and set up some group runs depending on where people are training. I'm also hoping to start a training blog to keep everyone motivated AND get the Running Room involved (they have two free run clubs a week).

I'll be pitching it at a staff meeting next week. So as I figure stuff out I'll try to post it.

In the meantime check out the organization I work for:

http://pathfinderyouthsociety.org/index.htm

2 comments:

Farrah said...

my lazy ass and i are in....

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.