Wednesday, October 24, 2007

There is this woman in my life, who is relentless.

We do not know each other very well- we speak on occasion, but whenever I run into her it's the same thing every time...

..."How is your mom?"

She caught wind of the hardship my mom was facing (and still is) last spring- and she hasn't forgotten.

Whenever she knows I'll be somewhere- she comes prepared. Sometimes with a card, sometimes with money, sometimes with food, sometimes with a job... but every time for my mother.

She doesn't know my mother- but I am convinced that she loves my mother- and what amazes me the most is that she hasn't forgotten her.

It is always of comfort when someone does something thoughtful for you out of no where- especially in tough times- but to be a stranger (as my mom is to her) and continually be thought of and prayed for is no less than true blessing.

To say the least, it has really touched me, inspired me, and surprised. It has made me want to o out of my way to pour out love and blessing on those I do not know- or owe anything to... to be consistent- not just responding in the initial moment of crisis, but follow people through their journey... to put no time line on a good deed.

No comments: