Monday, March 16, 2009

Falling On My Knees

My Father is an artist.

His creation gives me goosebumps. It brings me to tears. It removes the words from my mouth. It covers me in emotion. It connects me to my soul. It points me to something deeper.

It brings me to my knees.

I saw this preview while I was in Seattle last month. As soon as the camera pans back on the first scene, my body becomes covered in goosebumps. My hair stands on end, and I am brought to tears.

I don't know what it is. It is so hard to explain, but I think that it at least has something to do with the fact that most of my existence occurs within this man-made bubble. I live under artificial lighting, breathe stale air, stare at TV and computer screens, eat processed food, run on pavement, talk on my cell phone, travel by car, and save money to buy more man-made stuff.

When I see this, I come face to face with the fact that I am not living in my Father's art. He created it for me. I am created to live in it, yet I live in that which is making me sick. I see how I am selling myself short. The bible says that what is on earth mirrors what will be in heaven. When I see something like this, I am brought to tears because it awakens my soul. I am brought to my knees because... well, I really cannot put it into words.

I'll let it speak for itself

2 comments:

Farrah said...

I know exactly what you are saying! I got shivers when I saw this preview too! Let's see it together please! The penguin's really want us too....

afterthoughtcomposer said...

you should see the "planet earth" dvds - they will captivate you (as they did me). They are made by the same people. I own them. Feel free to borrow (OR we can have a planet earth PARTY!!!)