Tuesday, June 24, 2008

About Me


I've been wanting to update my profile for a while now... but the words didn't seem to flow, until this afternoon. Here it is- punched out in 5 mins flat.

Now that I've removed that writer's block, it's time for me to start on that Political Science paper.

"The painful thing about enlightenment is that you cannot go back to the warm safe place that ignorance keeps so impenetrable for us"- Goldie Hawn (A Lotus Grows in the Mud)

I am on a journey. Most of the time I feel completely overwhelmed by this chapter in my life (the 20's- where one experiences many of life's greatest shifts) and all the choices that lay before me. I desire to become a woman of humility and intense compassion, a steward of nature and someone who lives life intentionally- who takes great joy in simplicity. I wish to be remembered for my love- to gather wisdom from the most unlikely of sources and to be foolish enough to believe I can make a difference. I want to walk in the footsteps of a man who did so with intensity, breaking all molds; loving and living with "the least of these."

2 comments:

Keira-Anne said...

I also read Goldie's autobiography. Miss Hawn is one admirable woman. Then again, so are you, Mrs. Martens.

afterthoughtcomposer said...

I had a dream last night that your most recent blog post included pictures from the VISA commercial you starred in. They profiled you because you are so environmentally/socially conscious. The commercial ended with you and Scotty hugging in front of your house and waving at the camera. A little cheesy but I believe I was inspired.