Thursday, January 24, 2008

Still Holding On

"Get ready... God is preparing us for something very, very small- and it is the small things that change the world"-Shane Claiborne



Life is a bit of a whirlwind right now. We got back from Kelowna late this afternoon, with only a few hours to prep for youth group tonight- tomorrow Scotty and I (and a few few youth leaders/youth) are going to check out Jacob's Well, a nonprofit organization that's making a huge difference in the downtown Eastside. We'll be there for the majority of the weekend taking a workshop in working with those trapped in poverty right in our hometown- and hopefully, gain the courage to bridge the gap between the destitute and the affluent.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid to go. God has really been stirring my heart- and his still small voice is getting louder and louder, and I've been trying to muffle it because I'm afraid of stepping into a life that will no longer be mine. It is funny how stubbornly I hold onto my past (along with all the things I know, and find a false sense of worth/security/comfort in) even though I know that the path God has laid before me will be so much more than anything I could ever MAKE happen.

Jesus asked his followers to give up all they had and to follow him.

Lately I keep seeing him turning to me and saying: "Chelsea, give up all you have, and follow me."

I want to step off into the unknown, but...

No comments: